Monday 8 June 2015

8th June day 459

I had a relaxing morning charging batteries and drinking coffee whilst chatting with dave and helen. It was a lovely sunny day and only having a mere 10 miles to hike to Minehead i was in no real rush to set off.
From Watchet i could see the big marquee of butlins but it seem to matter how far i walked it never appeared to get an closer. Waiting for me in Minehead was sue, a long time trek supporter who'd regularly commented on my posts and offered encouragement. Keeping to the beach in front of the cliffs i stomped on listening to my mp3 player. It was a lovely warm and sunny day.
With the sand getting softer and getting closer to Minehead  i opted to hike the permissive footpath along the edge of the golf course. Pete, sues husband was waiting for me on the dunes. I didn't recognise him at first but ge got my attention and we continued on a little further ro where sue was waiting.
Sue, a spritely 80 yr young, climber and mountaineer had been following my progress for many months and had been looking forward to our meeting. Unable to walk great distances sue now relied on bettsy her off road mobility scooter to keep tge adventure alive. She also had been tackling her own challenge, wild swimming every month of the year.
Having met up we all went back to their mountaineering  friends home, mitch and rich. I had a bath and we headed out for a meal. That night i slept on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment