Wednesday 26 November 2014

25th November (day 264)

It had rained during the night but it was reasonably dry in the morning but crawling out from the warmth of my sleeping bag I immediately felt the chill. After I had packed everything away I left my back pack by the community centre and headed to the village shop to get a few extra supplies, such as gas and wet wipes. By the time I'd got back to my pack the irene had opened the cafe in the community centre. Today, I thought, is a rest day and time to catch up with my blogs, which by now I was about 10 days behind. I'd been finding it difficult to keep them up to date often finding my fingers so cold I couldn't tap away at the screen of my smart phone. I went in and ordered beans on toast and a coffee. As I was tucking in to my breakfast the visiting nurse walked passed. Just off the cuff I asked where the nearest medical centre was. 28 miles she replied. After a short chat she suggested that if I were around the following day that maybe I should get an appointment to see the doctor who would be holding surgery at the community centre. It seemed like a reasonable idea so I gave her my details and settled in for the day busy tapping away at the phone gradually catching up.

That night I once again pitched up the tent behind the centre and settled in hoping that the doctor would give me the all clear about my hip and foot problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment