Sunday 2 November 2014

10th October

Getting to sleep was difficult, my legs and arms aching from the long hike the day before. The following morning I woke and everything still hurt as I lay there waiting for Josephine and Peter to arrive. Around 8am I heard a car pull up in the car park next to the community centre. I climbed out of my tent to be greeted with a  big smile.  I'd known Josephine for about 5 years when she joined a climbing website I'd built, back then it was called worldwide climbing, today the site has been completely rebuilt which is another long story in its own right and now it can be accessed at http://climbing.soyou.me.

Quickly packing away my kit we threw it in the back of her car and together we all set off on a 2 hour drive back to their holiday cottage on skye. A kind of spoiler for me and being on the road took me through places I wouldn't see. With mists over marshes and lochs surrounded by mountains the scenery was ever changing. Josephine and Peter were giving me a day off and in return I'd cook them a chilli con carne while Josephine baked me a lemon drizzle cake and fixed my tent. They'd also bought me a nice new pack which we tried to cram everything into. Although the pack was larger than the old on by 5ltrs peter and I couldn't get it all in. Luckily Josephine was on hand and with fresh eyes and a spare daysack she managed to get the paddles,pack raft, sleeping gear, tent and the food all stowed away. Spending most of the day stitching and repairing while I checked my posts on Facebook we both finished just in time for evening dinner and a dip in the cottages hot tub.

No comments:

Post a Comment