Monday 27 April 2015

5th April day 395

It was a misty morning when i woke but with no sign of life coming from lees tent i decided to go back to sleep and gain a few extra moments of rest. I hadn't realised it at the time but lee was doing the same. We eventually both vacated our tents around 11:30. A late start for me.

Unfortunately lee was unable to stop and join me for a walk so after a quick breakfast we said goodbye and agreed to meet up again  somewhere closer to home.

Having received a message from followers of the trek, alex and steph, i hung around at the coastguard station where I'd met the crew fromthe local rescue service the night before. They'd hoped to have met me the day before but I'd already passed before I'd found out and received the message. As alex and steph approached i could see they were carrying a bag which when they arrived they produced two easter eggs and a packet of hot cross buns from. I'd not realised it was that time of year. Things like national holidays just seemed to pass me by these days and time had all but become irrelevant.

I always enjoyed meeting followers of the trek but time was now getting on and i needed to get a few miles clocked up which meant this brief interlude was to be shorter than i really wanted. Carrying my easter eggs i said fair well and headed off along the beach with Southport disappearing fron sight to be replaced with miles of sand dunes. It was difficult to gauge my progress here with very few points of reference and a heavy mist obscuring my views but as the day progressed my muscles began to ache. Nearing Formby i spotted sone woodland and decided to call it a day and made myself camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment