Monday 27 April 2015

8th April day 398

The sun was shining as i continued my quest to cross the Mersey. I hadn't camped too far from the mersey bridge and it only took me a short time to hike up and locate the footpath across. Once i was on the other side I found myself confused among a labyrinth of roads and streets. With the river barely in sight i set off. At the first opportunity i headed back to the promenade which follows the river banks all the way to new Brighton.

It was a really hot day. A blister I'd treated the day before was rubbing and an ache on my left hip had begun to irritate but i kept going regardless. I hadn't made as good a progress as previous days and the long hikes were beginning to take there toll on my body. My attention to my surroundings had begun to dwindle and my enjoyment foundered. Deciding to take an early day i sought refuge among some dunes which as it turns out were used by dozens of dog walkers. It wasn't an ideal location but it was sufficient for my needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment