Thursday 14 May 2015

14th May day 434

Although my supplies were supposed to have been waiting for me at the station they weren't thankfully i was offered the use of the stations sofa bed for the night and with poor weather being predicted for the day i was invited to stay the day and take a break while i waited for the parcel. A lie in was most definitely in order but unfortunately around 7am pagers were triggered and the crew mustered, a man had set off from Fishguard in a small inflatable to retrieve clothes from his yacht moored up but engine failure, wind direction and bad weather had meant he'd found himself in trouble and in need of assistance. I found myself on tea making duties, my first unofficial role in the team.

Once all the excitement had died off and the crew were back safely slowly everyone headed off and either went home or on to work. I was again left in the boathouse alone and allowed to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment