Tuesday 19 May 2015

3rd May day 423

The first thing i did when i woke from my slumber was to look outside at the weather.  It was still uninviting but better than the day before. I could also see the tide was high and still coming in looking along the beach i knew i wouldn't be able to pass in front of the headland a mile or so away which meant I'd need to find another way over or around it.

As i got nearer i could see a track leading around the back so headed up to it confident that it was the only way I'd be able to get round. It didn't take long beforeI was able to once again rejoin the coastal path which subsequently took me along a long sandy beach. The wind was strong and the weather  far from perfect but as i carried on further up the estuary i found shelter and was able to enjoy the hike that much more. It was quite a nice little walk to Porthmadog and it didn't take as long as I'd expected.

Eventually i emerged at the harbour which was really quite full with boats of all shapes and sizes. This was where i was to meet shazza and crissie who'd visited me whilst on the trek twice before.

When they arrived they bundled my pack into their car and took me on to Barmouth which was a fair way along the coast and a place i would be passing through a few days later. They'd arranged a room for me at a small b and b opposite the beach and brought with them a rather large picnic.

It was a lovely surprise. After I'd munched on their titbits and pampered myself in a bath we headed into Barmouth to grab a couple of drinks followed by a lush kebab and chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment