Wednesday 6 May 2015

5th - 6th May


5th May day 425
It was a wet and windy night and a little restless. Sitting in my tent i had breakfast and waited for the rain to pass. Sure enough half an hour passed and the rain stopped. Giving the tent a good shake i packed up and followed the shore until i rejoined the coastal path once more.
It was a fairly uneventful hike with very little other than the usual to look at. Not making many stops i eventually arrived at Barmouth where i met the crew of the local lifeboat station.
6th May day 426
It was blowing a force 8 outside. I had a long 20 mile hike ahead of me to Aberdovey. Fully suited up in my wet weather gear i set off from the Barmouth boathouse and followed the promenade towards the railway bridge that would carry me across the estuary and help expediate my journey all though I'd be exposed to the elements.
Sticking to the coastal path i continued on with my journey. Again the hike was fairly uneventful with the views much the same as the dsy before. Ahead i was to come upon a small river which i was expecting to have to hike along to reach the road bridge a little way inland but much to my surprise the council had built a nice shiny new bridge which was not shown on the satellite images.
Crossing the bridge saved me a couple of miles and i arrived in Aberdovey much sooner than I'd anticipated especially fighting against the weather as i had done.

No comments:

Post a Comment