Friday 10 October 2014

16th March 2014

Well the last 11days have absolutely flown by. Yes there have been a few teething troubles. And yes the police and coastguard were scrambled. I have had power issues and the tent broke but I have had a great time at the same time. My little pinky has completely healed and so have the small blisters last night was a bugger when I missed the tide and lost comms but it did allow me to paddle Hoolley down the river cuckmere after a lovely roast beef at the local pub. And what glorious weather I've been blessed with. Thanks Kevin Wittmayer the big man must have been listening  I hammered the seven sisters today and met some lovely people along the way including two lovely chinese girls who wanted to try my pack on. To be honest I think it probably weighed more than they did! They invited me to visit them in Beijing when I attempt to walk the ancient great Wall of China some time in the future  I also met a Buddhist monk from Thailand and had a lovely stroll and chat with him about meditation and his visit to the UK. When I have finished we will hook up and meditate together. I also met mazz who offered me the use of her bath and a coffee when I get to Eastbourne. Unfortunately I haven't quite got there yet but it is in sight. Tomorrow I will descend into the town in search of a laundrette to get my clothes washed. Bearing in mind I only have the one set it will probably resemble the advert for levis a few years back. The photos should be interesting! I am also meeting my good friend encyclopedia lee from our urban exploring web series for a pre birthday get together and hopefully find the post office where my resupplies should be waiting  I have also got to say the backup batteries I charged at rushie hill caravan park have been amazing. 5 hour charging up but each one gives me a 90% charge on my phone  I have no idea how far I will get tomorrow but who really cares. Time is of very little importance on this trip as long as I finish. No real pains at all today and I seem to be coping with the 20kg backpack better than I had expected. Very much looking forward to the next week. I wonder who I will meet and what I will see 

No comments:

Post a Comment