Friday 10 October 2014

21st March 2014

Just stopped off in rye at a place that has boasted its excellence as being a purveyor of hot chocolate! Has to be tested me thinks. Well my birthday was a bit different. Woke up just east of Hastings in a small wooded area and proceeded to continue towards the sun. It was quite hilly and most of the coastal paths were inaccessible. I found this out to my peril once I climbed down a cliff only to have to climb back up again. Eventually I found the coast again and headed for Winchelsea beach where lisa was to meet me. Two hours in blistering cold and near hypothermic she eventually found me. We then headed to rye Harbour caravan park for my first 24 hour rest break. On arriving at the park I was called on stage and announced to the other campers and handed a bottle of sparkly for my birthday. Two wines a pizza and slush puppy vodka later I decided to attempt to set up camp in the caravan living room. Note to self pegs cant be hammered into carpet! I awoke around 7 half in my sleeping bag and half in the tent which in some respect could be considered pitched. Still fully clothed and face planted fully into the carpet...to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment