Friday 10 October 2014

26th March 2014

Well another day has past and as I lay here in the canvas coffin once again back with nature and without any mobile connection I reflect upon the days adventures. The first thing that springs to mind is the absolutely fabulous hospitality of those I have met. Most recently the fantastic locals of the prince of Wales pub in Hythe. Not only did I have a cracking evening and cozy nights sleep and coffee delivered to the tent and bacon baguette but I was sent on my way with a ham and cheese baguette  the day was a typical english cold and windy day and I must admit heading north east puts the sun in the wrong position in the sky! So on to folkestone to check out the random stone circle and film another little jig. It just had to be done! It was a lovely feeling as a walked round the port to be greeted by the white-ish cliffs of dover. Tomorrow's mission. I stopped off at yet another bar to get rehydrated with my usual pint of orange juice and lemonade, recharge the phone and grab a quick bite to eat. Incidentally I welcome two very attractive young barmaids to the world of uk coastal trek and hope you both find this adventure entertaining  well moxi had organised another helpful camp site, which although very welcome and almost luxurious I have failed to get to, partly due to lack of light and very slippery paths, I would almost say treacherous! But also due to an overwhelming urge to return to nature and back to the core of what this trek is all about, which is exploration, independence, endurance and self-reliance. You see when you're at one with nature it's not a case of having to survive in the wild but more like living alongside nature and essentially the subject of the book I have still to finish. Well that can wait till I get back as this is proving the content and to be honest a lot more fun than sitting behind a desk trying to explain how to make fire with nothing more than two pieces of wood or how to identify edible food sources  anyway not much else to say other than sleep tight people, tomorrow is another day and another chance for you to make changes in your life and enrichen your mind, body and soul 

No comments:

Post a Comment