Friday 10 October 2014

27th March 2014

Well we're at the start of week 4. It's crazy how the time has just flown by. Yesterday I left my campsite on the shores of the Warren and headed towards Dover, had a lovely day to start with but then,from nowhere it started to hail and the temp dropped drastically. Still met two lovely couples, one was a volunteer for save the children and the other a retired scout leader. Neither could believe what I was attempting to achieve, but both wished me luck and said they would help with promoting the challenge  speaking of which I decided to alter my planned route as the tide was out so I b-lined it along the shore to Dover. It was slippery and there had been some pretty huge landslides so it was quite hard going and I had to tred carefully so as not to hurt myself. Along the way I spotted a tunnel carved into the cliffs and the explorer in me took over. I went in and the tunnel went on for quite a way ending up at a railway track. Unfortunately I didn't take my head torch and the photos from the phone were rubbish lol oh well. Afterwards I met a local who informed me it used to lead to an underground hospital used during world war two! I also damaged my headphones and had to buy some more in Dover or risk completely loosing my mind. Last night I found a cave to sleep in so set up camp, built a fire and snuggled up for the night. Today its a long cliff top walk to wherever it is I am heading 

No comments:

Post a Comment